Children's Cottage Society
Since 1986 the CCS has been dedicated to achieving our vision of Safe Children in Healthy Families. We have become a trusted source of support with over 150 staff in three locations offering programs and services to clients across Calgary and surrounding areas. In our 30 year history, our core programs have helped over 60,000 vulnerable children, including over 2,800 children and 1,600 families in 2016
Without our services and programs, most notably our Crisis Nursery (the city of Calgary’s only facility of its kind), many of the families we see on a daily basis would not have the resources needed to ensure their child’s safety and security.
We encourage parents to call us when there is no one else to care for the child during a short-term, difficult time.
• Child care for up to 72 hours
• Meals and fun provided
• For newborns until age eight
• Only 14 spaces
A place where families experiences homelessness can find a safe and comfortable shelter.
• Private rooms for families of all sizes
• Extended stays
• On-site childcare
• Help finding housing
Offering parents of newborns parenting support thought regular visits in the comfort of their home.
• Education on early childhood development
• Help with parenting skills
• Help families access resources and services
• In-home and for as long as needed
Giving parents a rest when there is no one else to turn to care for their child
In-Home Infant Respite
• Childcare in the home
• For newborns up to six months old
• Assistance referring for other supports
Volunteer Day Care
• Daytime childcare at Day Care centres throughout Calgary
• Space offered on availability only, single-day use only
Helping homeless families get back on their feet and under a safe roof of their own.
Rapid Rehousing & Homelinks
• Families connected to a worker to help find housing
• Possible subsidies to help with rent and other expenses
2,909 Kids were buffered from Crisis , improving their brain health , physical wellbeing and resiliency
1,576 Families were fully supported through crisis like homelessness, financial strain, and violence
84% of families we supported used our services for the first time ever this year
1,626 Volunteer's helped us keep children and families safe and healthy
16,511 hours were donated by volunteer's in our community